Autel Support Communities
Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Communities > Diagnostic & Analysis System > MaxiSys > Toyota Gt86 reflashing ECU
Toyota Gt86 reflashing ECU

2586 Views 5 Replies Latest reply: 2015-01-05 08:35:36

•   Level 6   
    (518) points
    Fixcenter
    2015-01-03 15:02:29
    Hello everyone, anyone experienced gt86's CEL flashing while engine idle ?
    Want to reflash the ECU but I don't now how, I have got maxisys pro, does it support to programme gt86's ECU? If so, how?

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2015-01-03 17:12:26 (Reply to:Fixcenter)

The cel flashing means there is a missfire or ramdom misfire that needs to be taken
    care of urgently or damage to the catalytic will take place. This does not mean the
    computers has to be flashed, if you still wish to flash your ecm it will have to be done
    on line, at the toyota website with your maxiflash pro and a laptop with a subscription.

•   Level 6   
    (518) points
    Fixcenter
    2015-01-04 00:19:44 (Reply to:ede65)
    Hello, first of all thank you for your kindness
    Toyota gt86 has a software trouble announced by toyota company, they released a
    update for its computer and all troubles disappear..
    You said I can reflash the ecu online at toyota website, could u please tell me more
    about it? Like should I pay sth for it or should i download any software from toyota
    website? I apologize I am new in this field,
    Thank you again

•   Level 10   
    (7890) points
    ede65

2015-01-04 10:19:42 (Reply to:Fixcenter)

Ok the website for toyota/lexus/scion is https//techinfo.toyota.com. there are 2
    different softwares techstream which is used for diagnostic and it has to be
    purchased, the other software is used for flashing, it can be downloded after you pay
    the 55 dollars subscription. Loging to the site register then read a lot. After you
    download and install the j2534 software choose your maxiflash pro as the passthru or
    anyother one you may have. Good luck.

•   Level 6   
    (518) points
    Fixcenter
    2015-01-05 01:27:41 (Reply to:ede65)
    Hello, thank you a lot for beingsuch a sympathetic person.
    I will try this option and will let you know if it works.
    Please do not leave this forum, you're the person who answer people's questions
    correctly.
    Thank you again
  Total1 Pages